- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C8 UTC Worldtimer
DescriptionNamed after Universal Coordinated Time - a term preferred in aviation over 'GMT' - the C8 UTC Worldtimer offers the wearer near-unlimited timing possibilities.
The watch takes its design cues from the rest of the C8 Flyer Collection, which references the Smith's Mark II A clock used in Spitfires during World War II. All carry engravings of the historic aviation wind tunnels in Farnborough where the aerodynamics of British aircraft like the Spitfire and Concorde were honed.
Perhaps the most striking feature of the timepiece is the two-piece dial, which features a crown-operated worldtimer bezel showing prominent international cities, meaning the wearer can immediately work out the time anywhere on Earth. For those looking to keep track of one timezone in particular, the 24-hour GMT hand will be an invaluable tool.
The military feel is continued with the large Arabic numerals, raised indexes and 'pipette' hands, all of which are coated with Superluminova for visibility at low light. Meanwhile, the 44mm case is available in stainless steel or with a black DLC finish.
MovementThis fine ETA calibre ('calibre' is the fancy word in the watch industry describing a movement) with dual-time functionality allows for the time to be told in two time zones simultaneously - hence its use on 'GMT' watches.
When fully wound, it delivers 42 hours of continuous power, while vibrating at a rate of eight times per second (28,800 times an hour).
This frequency allows for excellent accuracy when regulated by a Christopher Ward expert.
- Diameter: 44mm
- Height: 11.5mm
- Weight: 88g
- Calibre: ETA 2893-2
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM
- Strap: 22mm
- Vibrations: 28800 per hour
- Timing tolerance: +20/-20 seconds per day
- Lug to Lug: 53.2mm
- Swiss made
- Self-winding mechanical movement with GMT function
- 42 hour power reserve
- Date calendar
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Marine-grade black DLC steel case
- Screw-in back plate with Farnborough wind tunnel design
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Bi-directional rotating internal bezel displaying international destinations
- Gun-metal hands
- Light Old Radium Super-Luminova coating on hands and indices
- Vintage finish leather strap with hand-sewn whip stitch
- Beautiful presentation case, owner's handbook and microfibre cleaning cloth