- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C60 Elite GMT 1000
DescriptionIn the C60 Elite GMT 1000, CW has unveiled its first GMT-ready dive watch. But haven’t there already been Tridents with a fourth hand and 24-hour bezel before? Herein lies the crucial distinction: the lack of a countdown bezel in former releases meant they were classed as sports models rather than dive watches outright.
The C60 Elite GMT 1000, then, makes its debut in quite spectacular fashion. Water-resistant to 1000m, its ‘light-catcher’ case design is constructed from Grade 2 titanium – a material that’s both lightweight yet remarkably durable and corrosion-resistant. An integrated automatic helium release valve will also assist with equalisation during the ascent from a dive.
Yet the most significant new inclusion in the GMT 1000, somewhat unsurprisingly, is a flat 24-hour ring found around the outside of its shiny lacquered dial. Its presence, when read in conjunction with a fourth GMT hand, allows its wearer to read the time in two different zones at once (and whilst diving, if you felt so compelled).
And speaking of the GMT hand: its appearance has been tailored as part of two separate available colour schemes. The first is orange, as part of a blue and orange model; the latter in red as part of a red and black design, with a brushed ceramic bezel supplying a more tool watch-like aesthetic. Both use Grade X1 GL C1 Super-LumiNova® – the best possible lume available – that deep-fills its indexes, hands and bezel markings.
MovementSo far, the C60 Elite GMT 1000 has established itself as a model optimised for great depths; but the GMT-ready movement inside it proves it’s just as equipped to deal with a life in the skies. Powered by the Sellita SW330, a Swiss-made automatic calibre relied upon throughout the CW collection and across the wider horological landscape, its fourth GMT hand can be set against the time back home during that business trip or holiday abroad.
While it features many elements you’d expect of a modern self-winding movement – an anti-shock system, 4Hz frequency and 42 hour power reserve – the SW330 inside the GMT 1000 has also been chronometer-certified by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres – an achievement that places it within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy. And despite the GMT 1000 being water-resistant to depths of 1000m, a 3.4mm-thick sapphire crystal proudly showcases the SW330’s workings, its rotor complete with CW’s Anglo-Swiss twin flag pattern.
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 16mm
- Weight: 77g
- Calibre: Sellita SW330 (COSC)
- Case: Grade 2 titanium
- Water resistance: 100 ATM (1000 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Blue
- Lume: Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 GL C1
- Strap width: 22mm
- Strap colour: Blue
- Lug to Lug: 49.3mm
- Swiss made
- 25 jewel self-winding chronometer mechanical movement
- 42 hour power reserve
- Dual-time GMT function
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Twin-flag engraving over 'Colimaçoné' finish on the rotor
- Brushed and polished Grade 2 titanium case
- Embossed screw-in crown
- Unidirectional brushed or polished zirconia ceramic bezel
- Integrated automatic helium release valve
- 3.8mm anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Polished dial with 'twin flags' matte finished at 12 o'clock
- Flat 24-hour dial ring with printed numerals
- Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 GL C1 hands, indexes and bezel
- Top-brushed indexes with diamond polished facets
- Sandblasted and polished hands
- Signature Trident counter-balance on seconds hand
- Screw-down exhibition caseback with 3.4mm crystal
- Unique engraved serial number
- Cordura® and rubber hybrid waterproof strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook