- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase
DescriptionUpon its release in 2015, Christopher Ward's C9 Moonphase was praised for its suitably classic approach to one of the oldest complications in horological history. In the C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, certain elements have received a gentle evolution so as to link it up with remainder of our premium dress collection's new aesthetic.
Available in either opalin white or sunray blue, the Moonphase's dial has been stripped back to achieve a feel that is understated yet contemporary. Polished numerals at 12 and 6 o'clock hold a pleasing balance against our logo at 9 and date wheel at 3, but the real focus is the enlarged aperture in the top half of the dial.
The large moon, 3D-stamped in nickel on a rotating disc, not only travels across the sky in perfect synchronisation with the real moon once set, but also displays the majestic journey accurately (give or take 24 hours) for the next 128 years - if kept reasonably well wound.
Also new for this iteration is our Grand Malvern case - a design that provides a slimmer-looking profile on the wrist, thanks to dynamic 'light-catcher' lines that arc smoothly from lug to lug. At 40.5mm, it's the perfect size for a dress watch.
MovementOur latest JJ Calibre, JJ04 - better known as our moonphase complication - epitomises the horological spirit of the collection. Using the ETA 2836-2 as a base, the date wheel, along with its spring-loading assembly, have been stripped out and replaced by four further wheels to drive the moon disc, with two more required for the setting mechanism.
This links the passage of the moon wheel across its window to the movement's mechanism, resulting in a smooth perpetual motion rather than the one-day progression usually found in moonphase watches. This work also increases the accuracy of the moonphase to one day in every 128 years.
An outer arc of JJ04's rotor has been filled with blue enamel, denoting its status as a JJ Calibre. Its inner section has then been engraved with our award-winning twin flag pattern.
- Diameter: 40.5mm
- Height: 12.35mm
- Weight: 61g
- Calibre: ETA 2836 with 'JJ04' module
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 3 ATM (30 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -10/+20 seconds per day
- Strap width: 20mm
- Strap colour: Camel
- Dial colour: White
- Lug to lug: 48.55mm
- Swiss made
- Self-winding 25 jewel movement with 'JJ04' in-house Moonphase module
- Domed opalin or sunray finish dial
- 3D stamped Moonphase disc visible through unique wide and curved aperture
- Colimacone finish skeletonised movement
- Full tungsten rotor arm with blue 'JJ Calibre' enamelling
- Push-down crown with twin flag motif
- Anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal
- Domed opalin or sunray dial
- Brushed, polished and curved blued or steel hands
- Exhibition backplate with unique engraved serial number
- Italian Shell Cordovan strap with Bader deployment
- Luxurious presentation case and owner's handbook